Is Kinver to Infinity and beyond?

Eveything else. All the chat and nonsense that normally goes on around a roaring fire in your local pub.

Moderators: Chavzone, Daisy

Is Kinver to Infinity and beyond?

Postby Kinver_Jim » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:17 am

I've recently seen a lot of new BT cabinets up White hill and around the village, last week I even spotted a 'big pipe' being pulled by the stew pony, that begs the question are we going to get the Infinity in Q4 2014? Fustration lies that BT still say on there web site that Kinver is not even in plans for upgrade, yet article says the MP has pushed and kinver is getting it in 2015..... Harder that a miss marple this one. Any ideas?
Kinver_Jim

Re: Is Kinver to Infinity and beyond?

Postby snetta » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Yea i've seen on a few web sites that say you can get ya pipe pulled down by the Stew Pony! :)
snetta

Re: Is Kinver to Infinity and beyond?

Postby matyhaty » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:24 pm

The current timeline broadcasted is Q1 2015.

As far as I can tell all the cabinets are getting replaced, and certainly the ones by our office (Mill House, High Street) have started to be setup.
This also means that there will not be much fibre on the core network (otherwise you would not need the new cabinets) so there is quite a few KM of cable to lay. It takes some time. Q4 2014 seems a little unrealistic, but BT are getting better at these transitions.

Superfast website has finally updated to PA (Planned Area)
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/wh ... ?pc=dy76er
but the south staffs superfast has more detailed information.

I know some houses in Kinver wont be able to get infinity once the roll out is complete, due to length from the nearest cabinet.
It may well be that all cabinets wont even be upgraded (a typical BT thing, which annoys everyone) - so keep your eyes peeled on yours

Hope that helps.
matyhaty

Return to General Banter