KSCA Grow Your Own Gig

What's going on in Kinver? From concerts to karaoke, if you run a pub and want to tell everyone what's happening, pop it in here.

Moderators: Chavzone, Daisy

KSCA Grow Your Own Gig

Postby conker » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:34 am

Was any other Kinver resident present last night?

I'm aware that the village has various non-overlapping social groups but I didn't recognise anybody last night (apart from the 5 others I expected to meet there - draught ale ran out a bit early!)

It was an excellent show, as you'd expect from someone of Steve Knightley's stature and packed out, but where was Kinver? The show was designed for local village audiences.

How many people had seen any publicity?

It really looked like this was a viable option for the KSCA but if all the audience were drawn from afar, perhaps not?
conker

Re: KSCA Grow Your Own Gig

Postby Freddie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:15 pm

No idea at all what you refer to. Sounds like a lack of advertising?
Freddie

Postby Sniper » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:40 am

Same here - knew nothing about it !
Sniper
Super-user

Postby conker » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:04 pm

http://www.growyourowngig.co.uk/about/

I'm aware of a poster in the library and then word of mouth. Sold out pretty quickly I'm told.

If you are not aware Steve was 50% (now 33%) of Show of Hands, a very popular (4 x sold out Royal Albert Hall) folk / roots band with a focus on English music heritage.

I'm amazed and disappointed that the spirit of the gig, namely to take good music back to its local village roots was a bit by passed by such shocking local publicity. Most of the audience must have come via the web.

For future reference closing the bar during the performance was a great idea and avoided the shameful row from disinterested folk during the performance that we experienced during the Fairport gig a few years ago!
conker

Postby Freddie » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:41 am

Whilst on the subject of live musicians, there has been some pretty good groups on Friday's at The Vine over the past few weeks. Sadly, the Cross Inn seems to have given up live music on a Saturday night which is a shame.
Freddie

Return to Entertainment