Sterrymere

Eveything else. All the chat and nonsense that normally goes on around a roaring fire in your local pub.

Moderators: Chavzone, Daisy

Sterrymere

Postby close to the edge » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:02 am

Does anyone know of plans for the Sterrymere?
I'd heard that there were plans to refill and landscape; at present it's another eyesore adjacent to the KCSA, filled with litter and himalayan Balsam.
close to the edge

Re: Sterrymere

Postby Sniper » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:05 pm

Some campaign or other has been running for three or so years but all subject to getting the money together. You need to contact David Giddings who I believe is now overseeing the project.
Sniper
Super-user

Postby old biddy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:07 pm

The project required around £200k, but only pledges for around £80k were obtained. It is now subsumed within the 'GOING For Gold' project which aims to raise up to £1million for regenerating whole area, though mainly the building. When you compare what Cookley has as a Community Centre with what we have, you have to wonder.
old biddy

Postby Sniper » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:01 am

Is the £80k still "available" and am I correct in my assumption that you are involved in the Going For Gold project?
Sniper
Super-user

Postby old biddy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:16 am

Unfortunately, only 5k could be retained, though we can go back to the original donors at a later date when the bigger project is nearing fruition. And yes, I am.
old biddy

Postby Sniper » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:10 am

I'm told there was £80k "offered".............
Why on earth was that sum not utilised to "make a start" on the project or were there some "conditions" attached to the availability of funds?

I see that the Skateboard Park is trying to secure £23.5k for renovation of the KLNM (Kinver Loch Ness Monster) and have applied to the Country Fayre for part funding.Perhaps before doing so they should ensure that the users deposit less bloody litter in the vicinity and maybe even return the Cricket Clubs Roller to it's home base :mad:
Sniper
Super-user

Postby old biddy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:54 am

Arguably one of the members was a little hasty in closing the project, but the 'start' would have been unconvincing, albeit it would at least have retained the Planning Permission which now lapses at the turn of the year. Until the Police or council decide to make an example of some of the 'litterers', they will continue their anti-social behaviour.
old biddy

Postby Sniper » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Surely the Planning Permission can be extended even without a start to the project?

See amendment to earlier post in Bold Italics
I don't think it's down to the Parish Council or the Police to sort the littering. It must be the responsibility of the Management of the Skate Park? I see the PC Technicians there most every morning clearing up the shite - what a sole destroying waste of money. :mad:
Sniper
Super-user

Return to General Banter