The Kinver Cider Collective

Eveything else. All the chat and nonsense that normally goes on around a roaring fire in your local pub.

Moderators: Chavzone, Daisy

The Kinver Cider Collective

Postby ziggy12345 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi

I started making cider this year from apples donated from people who have trees but hardly use the fruit. I put the equipment together myself from watching youtube videos and online and managed to make about 44 gallons of the stuff. I made 3 different lots and by the end of the 3rd lot have basically figured out the best way to make decent cider.

Anyway next year I want to make a new press and get a commercial mill and increase the volume considerably. I have no intention selling the stuff as all the red tape puts me off so thought what I would do with the stuff once made and I had an idea.

Basically I want to start an interest group for people who are interested in making cider and also get in touch with people who are willing to donate apples. This group could be called the Kinver Cider Collective. Anybody who assists in making the cider, donates or provides equipment and/or donates apples will become part of the Kinver Cider Collective.

Once the cider is ready, sometime in the spring or summer we can hold a Kinver Cider Festival. Anybody who is a member of the Kinver Cider Collective will be part owner of the cider and will be free to consume as much as they want (until its all gone!).

What I am looking for right now is people who are willing to help out making the equipment or generally think its a good idea and want to be involved. Free drink for some work! Who wouldn't!!

Here are some youtube clips to get an idea of what I'm thinking off

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrServecool

Cheers!
ziggy12345

Re: The Kinver Cider Collective

Postby Sniper » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:07 pm

Can you concoct a Dark Cider? I'm sure Snetta would be interested if you can.
Sniper
Super-user

Return to General Banter