[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
KinverOnline Forum • View topic - Other events?

Other events?

Much of the village's trade is based on toursim; how can we improve it?

Moderators: Chavzone, Daisy

Other events?

Postby Admin » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Admin

Postby Sniper » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:57 pm

[font="Century Gothic"][color="Navy"]Ye God's Andy.................

That's what I call positive thinking - good on yer cobber !![/color][/font]
Sniper
Super-user

Postby Chavzone » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:29 pm

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="Blue"]I am in total agreement. There's far too much negative press about Kinver at present (and in the past), so it is about time things turned around.

If any of you attended the Peatbog Fairies gig at the KCA the other week (and yes, we're all aware that [SIZE="4"]you [/SIZE]did Ash Ash!!), they would have been proud.

I had some friends of mine visting one of whom was over from Birmingham and they were really surprised at the turn out and had a fab time. What'smore, I was pleased to see that the majority of faces there were familiar.

This was an occassion where people from all walks of life attended and had a good 'jig' and get together, regardless of the fact that Bones drunk them out of Bishop's Finger !![/color]
[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="blue"]This proves without a doubt that the mind is willing ... etc. etc. ...[/color][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="Indigo"]Don't Dis The Way Of The Chav :D [/color][/font]
Chavzone

Postby Chavzone » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:32 pm

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="Indigo"]Don't Dis The Way Of The Chav :D [/color][/font]
Chavzone

Postby Daisy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:00 am

Daisy

Postby Sniper » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:55 pm

Sniper
Super-user

Postby me11 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:01 pm

whats wrong with a decent nightclub??? maybe themed 70's or 80's disco or similar, go to brum and they are there, go to wolves and they are there, the only problem we have is the misarable golden oldies that say theres too much noise even when they live down dark lane well away from the KCA, lets be honest here the only things that happen round here are event that suit anyone with a bus pass (sorry tokens) and i have to say as long as everthing is for the biddies then life in kinver will remain quiet and secluded (now i hear people saying its supposed to be quiet and secluded) but why?????
who decides what place, village or town should be lively and which should be quiet??
if you want to keep with the times then get with it !!! or book your plot up comber ridge! lol
me11

Postby mark and nettie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:03 pm

Quite right - there's always been plenty of functions for the oldies of Kinver ever since I can remember, but always less for the youth of the village. Although the KCA did run both Under and Over 18 Discos when I was younger (and I'm talking 20 years ago) and there was always a regular 'Scooter run' disco with very little trouble, everyone just wanted to enjoy themselves. Although we did have Seargent Allison involved who used to take an interest and police the events back then, something that I can't see happening these days with our local community bobbies! Perhaps another reason why events like this no longer take place.

That was then, and now my friends and I are in 30's to early 40's, a very considerable population in Kinver where we've moved back to to bring up our kids - surely the KCA could host something for us - live bands, and 70's/80's discos sounds great fun, we're not over the hill yet. The KCA has plenty of room to dance, cheap beer and wine and something local for the community to take part in.

Is there a KCA committee? perhaps they could come up with or request some ideas (leaflets around the village) as it would be a shame to see the KCA go the same way as the British legion?
mark and nettie

Postby Heather » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:17 pm

last I remember Jim Gosling was on that committee - maybe someone could talk to him and get their chance to join it ? It would need someone to be on that committee and get involved I guess and there are always gaps in these things for the willing and able !
Heather

Postby me11 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:12 pm

willing and able??? i am 36 so not over the hill yet and have been in kinver all my life, i also remember john allison (and a few run ins with him) good old fashioned officer! lol, i only wish i had the time in trying to get involved in organising something but unfortunately i dont due to heavy work comitments, but there must be someone here that can do it and even make some money for themselves, i was involved in karaoke when it very first started and made loads from that back then, so its not just livening up kinver but whoever organises it the right way can even make a business of it !!

HOW ABOUT A POLL VOTE !!!

Kiddies disco
Teenie boppers disco
60's themed
70's themed
80's themed
90's themed
soul nights
dance fever nights

then when the votes are in get it published with demands in the express and star !!! lol
me11

Return to Kinver Tourism