[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
KinverOnline Forum • View topic - UKIP Info

UKIP Info

Local, general, parish elections and all about the candidates.

Moderators: Chavzone, Daisy

Re: UKIP Candidate

Postby grumpy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Religion and politics, 2 things that have nothing to do with each other yet run, and ruin, many peoples lives when mixed

grumps
grumpy

Postby Sniper » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Sniper
Super-user

Postby Admin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Admin

Postby PaulBrothwoodUKIP » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Last edited by PaulBrothwoodUKIP on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulBrothwoodUKIP

Postby Freddie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:08 pm

I am wondering if you could clarify what the party name UKIP means?

I think it stands for United Kingdom Independence Party, but what does that mean?

Does the United Kingdom imply a non independent Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland within a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?
Does Kingdom mean no change in the policy for Head of State?
Does Independence mean that UKIP supports the further defragmentation of the UK, allowing Scotland, Cornwall, or even Kinver to be free to make their own decisions, and if not then why not?
Does Party mean that elected UKIP MP's are not free to represent their constituents, or do they have to follow the party line the same as other parties?

Supposing there was a referendum and the UK was no longer part of the EU, then what would your party's manifesto become?
Freddie

Postby Admin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:24 am

Admin

Postby PaulBrothwoodUKIP » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:18 am

Last edited by PaulBrothwoodUKIP on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulBrothwoodUKIP

Postby PaulBrothwoodUKIP » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:30 am

Last edited by PaulBrothwoodUKIP on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulBrothwoodUKIP

Postby Admin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:23 pm

It's actually been wholly unsatisfactory but totally expected.

Let me just be clear. I actually have no particular requirement to see same-sex marriage legalised, I'm not gay, I don't know many gay people and I've only ever met one couple who have ever mentioned to me that they'd want to marry. I'm married myself, got married at St. Peter's church, yes, even though I think religion is bonkers, I got married in a church because it's nice. For reference, even though the church very much thinks atheists should be converted (we're blamed for all that's bad in the world), they're happy for us to get married. Not gay atheists though, obviously.

I chose this particular issue because it causes so many arguments. In fifty years we'll think it absolutely ridiculous that gay people were ever denied the ability to marry, adopt children etc. It's social evolution in a way. Remember that since the Buggery Act in 1533 (yes, it's called that) and until 1967, being homosexual was illegal. There are some who would say it should still be illegal but during the last forty years or so we've grown up to realise that people are different and we shouldn't persecute people simply because of how they were born. We actually, as a whole, believe people should be treated equally. Except gays apparently.

Now, to your answers.

I've debated many people in my time, mostly creationists because it's good practice to debate something with someone who is so obviously batshit crazy. They all do the same thing and you have shown that by toeing the party line you do the same too.

To many of your responses to my questions I explain why your reason for believing what you do is wrong historically. i.e. "Marriage is religious" -> "No it's not, here's why..." and you just move on to another question. This guy does it amazingly well : http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/0/20972171

This isn't a discussion, this is "Here are my views and regardless of what you say, I'm going to just go on having those views and ignore your answers"

I had no intention of voting Ukip and although I'm sure you're a smashing chap, you've done absolutely nothing to change my mind.
Admin

Postby Freddie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Having lived Scotland for many years, I found that I could not vote for my party of choice, and had to vote for a party who's policies I wholly disagreed with in order to cast a vote for a United Kingdom and block Nationalists. The situation was made even more difficult by boundaries being moved.

Now that I have returned to England, it is nice to have a choice again. However, as I have already said, I do not believe in Nationalist policies. Europe has been at peace for 67 years, free from Nationalist policies of Hitler, Mussolini, Kaiser, Napoleon, King Philip of Spain, and others. The arrogant "we don't need Europe" attitude of the British Empire did not help, but we do not have an Empire now for import/export and without the ability to free trade in Europe, so we would be soon more bankrupt than we already are. Never mind, the Nationalist UK government could always print more money (Quantitative Easing) to hand out at the Salvation Army, much like they did in Germany post WWI when the German Mark was worthless.

I do hate the unaccountable way that Brussels Bureaucrats dictate to member states, and the gross waste of money by Brussels. It is another gravy train , apparently isolated from austerity. Something has to be done to control EU expenditure, incompetence, inappropriate laws, and creeping non-democratic centralisation of government from all member states, but that can only be done from the inside.

Shrek was wrong, it is "Better In than Out"
Freddie

PreviousNext

Return to Politics